Senior Backend Developer (Python)
Who are we?
We are Deliverect! A startup from Ghent helping omni-channel restaurants handle delivery orders.
Why restaurants love us: Rather than manually handling orders from each food delivery platform separately, they can manage all of their orders and menus from the Deliverect hub. This saves them time, money, worries and gives their customers a quicker, smoother experience!
Who we work with: Food delivery platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Doordash, Delivery Hero and customers such as Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Unilever and your local mom and pop takeaway too!
Our team: 180+ champions innovating from our Ghent HQ and offices across Europe, North America, South America and the Middle East. We have experienced founders with a huge network and track record. With significant funding, we are at scale-up stage expanding our team to service customers in even more countries - this is why we need you!
Your mission at Deliverect:
As our Senior Backend Developer with Python knowledge, you write well-tested code, guide the team with your experience, and seek challenges that inspire you. Some examples of your responsibilities include:
- Building API integrations for leading national and global delivery websites
- Being inventive with the huge amount of data and innovating with it
- Creating Machine to Machine (M2M) Authorization
- Anticipating problems with server load and preventing them ahead of time
- Mentoring the other developers and guide them in their work
- Help to choose new technologies and frameworks to tackle problems
- You might even be in touch with customers directly, as you are keen to hear what you can improve on
Why this job is for you:
- You have at least 4-5 years of experience developing in Python
- You have experience with building Web/REST APIs
- You know have strong experience using Python in a web context (we use Eve as our backend framework)
- You prefer working in a team
- We don't tell you what to do, you are the expert and you welcome giving and receiving feedback
What we count as a plus:
- Knowledge of databases, especially NoSQL (ideally MongoDB)
- You are familiar with SaaS products or worked on a product with frequent releases
- Understanding of Docker or Kubernetes in a cloud environment
- You have worked with a TDD approach before
- Experience with testing
What you can expect from us:
At Deliverect, we care about attracting and retaining excellent people. That’s why we offer you:
- Completely flat company structure
- Company-wide stock options
- Health insurance covered (DKV)
- Travel allowance for a relaxed commute
- Phone allowance to keep you connected
- A MacBook
- Daily Edenred vouchers
- Great coffee, free snacks, and plenty of beer (when the work is done)!
- Flexibility in working hours (around core office times)
- Working with new technologies, no legacy
- Full transparency about the business - Everything is shared, so you will also learn what is needed to create a successful startup