Head of people
Who is Deliverect?
Deliverect is a swiftly growing Software as a Service (SaaS) startup that aims to simplify the online delivery process for restaurants. The Ghent-based company was founded by veterans of the Foodtech sector in April 2018 and has now grown very quickly to 1000’s of customers and 50+ employees
Deliverect has developed an amazing Delivery services aggregation platform that connects all food ordering and delivery channels for restaurants and is about to massively disrupt the HORECA sector.
About the role :
As Head of People we want you to help build a great team, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can make a difference. Exceptional people deserve the best that we can provide in terms of working environment and support. We trust our people and provide them with the freedom to make choices. You are not simply an HR professional but also a strategic business partner, assisting in the mapping and development of people strategy across our fast growing international business. Your approach is clever and thought through, but also pragmatic, hands-on and connecting.
- You design, improve and implement future proof HR processes in line with our company vision on way of working (flat hierarchies and short chains of command)
- You develop suitable strategies to attract, develop and retain talent, taking into account the changing expectations of the employee population.
- You cultivate a compelling employer brand from the inside out and the outside in.
- You help shape the organizational design and adapt it to the continuous international expansion.
- You act as a champion for the company culture
- You develop a rewards structure to reflect the dynamics of the business environment and the new world of work with a more mobile and less permanent workforce.
- You anticipate, drive and manage change and position the organization to stay ahead of it.
- You inspire confidence and trust and enable our people to focus on work that really matters linking your advice to our strategic goals.
What we offer
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team
- High level of responsibility with plenty of leeway
- Flexible working location
- International team with lot of different nationalities and regular company & team events
- Lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- A market-leading and cutting-edge Delivery software (SaaS) with an exciting & international customer base
- One of the most exciting start-ups in Europe led by veteran entrepreneurs ready to disrupt the Hospitality world once again!
- Fresh fruit, a fridge and freezer filled with food, various types of cereal, coffee, tea and Friday drinks
- You held a similar senior HR position, preferably in a SaaS, IT or software company.
- You have experience in implementing and improving following HR processes in an international setting: recruiting, onboarding, organizational training, performance management and talent management.
- You have successfully managed (cultural) change;
- You are sensitive to cultural differences because of your experience in internationally orientated organizations.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) in English, other languages are a bonus.
- Savviness to interpret financial information and its impact on the business.
- Clarity of thought and aptitude to influence through clear, informed and logical arguments, capable of challenging the leadership team and be challenged.
- Ability to build trust and momentum with the team and colleagues, displaying a shared sense of purpose.
- You are resilient and enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity is part of the reality.
- You have a university degree and 7-10 years of experience