Development Team Lead
Who are we?
We are Deliverect! A startup from Ghent helping omni-channel restaurants handle delivery orders.
Why restaurants love us: Rather than manually handling orders from each food delivery platform separately, they can manage all of their orders and menus from the Deliverect hub. This saves them time, money, worries and gives their customers a quicker, smoother experience!
Who we work with: Food delivery platforms such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Doordash, Delivery Hero and customers such as Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Unilever and your local mom and pop takeaway too!
Our team: +180 champions innovating from our Ghent HQ and offices across Europe, North America, South America and the Middle East. We have experienced founders with a huge network and track record. With significant funding, we are at scale-up stage expanding our team to service customers in even more countries - this is why we need you!
Who are you?
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join Deliverect as a Development Team Lead. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Hire full product team in Ghent
- Work closely with management team to define integration priorities and set product strategy
- Outreach to prospective partners in the hospitality tech industry in conjunction with our regional partner managers.
- Interfacing with stakeholders (both internal and external, sales, product teams) to gather requirements and define what a finished integration looks like.
- Define engagement model with technology partners, i.e. what are the different steps of engagement, the touch points and pace.
- Turn requirements into user stories and work with the development team to execute those stories.
- Turn beta customers into ambassadors when launching an integration
What we offer
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team
- High level of responsibility with plenty of leeway
- Flexible working location
- International team with lot of different nationalities and regular company & team events
- Lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- A market-leading and cutting-edge Delivery software (SaaS) with an exciting & international customer base
- One of the most exciting start-ups in Europe led by veteran entrepreneurs ready to disrupt the Hospitality world once again!
- Fresh fruit, a fridge and freezer filled with food, various types of cereal, coffee, tea and Friday drinks
- You have at least 8 years of experience, including 2 years or more of recent experience developing in Python
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams
- You have experience with building Web/REST APIs
- You know what Flask (we use Eve) or Celery are
- You prefer working in a team
- We don't tell you what to do, you are the expert and you welcome giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed environment
- Previous experience with product management and ability to manage (write and prioritize) requirements for R&D
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies and SaaS products
- Possesses a strong communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- You have hired people in the past and know how to get skilled motivated people that fit in the team
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency.
- Perfect command of English and another language is a strong asset.
What we count as a plus:
- Your knowledge of databases includes NoSQL (ideally MongoDB)
- You are familiar with SaaS products or worked on a product with frequent releases
- Understanding of Docker or Kubernetes
- You have worked with a TDD approach before
Basic cloud knowledge (Azure / Google Cloud / AWS… but knowing accuweather doesn’t count)
- Previous mocking and testing of APIs with Postman